Jessaleigh is starting act more like her brother did in the wanting to know what is going on all around category. One of the funny things that she will do is to try to see behind or above her head. She does this mainly while laying down, she will arch her back as far as she can or until she sees whatever is making the noise out of site. You can also catch Jessaleigh moving her head from side to side trying to figure out what is touching her head. She is really funny to watch when she is at it!
Jessaleigh has been having some rough days lately. I am really hoping that it is just teething that is bothering her and not something else (ears, heat, etc.)
She is usually the kid who never cries and people make jokes about her ability to make noise, but the last three days she has had screaming fits multiple times a day. It just breaks my heart (and wears on my nerves)
Jessaleigh doesn’t get much time on the floor (partly because she is a second child and partly because we just put down wood floors.) She has great head control even without tons of tummy time, but recently I have noticed that when she is on the floor – she can really move herself. She plows face first across her blanket in no time and can even scrunch up and get her stomach of the ground. So much for my second being mellow and not getting around to crawling until late . . .
Jessaleigh’s favorite things to do at 3 months.
- Sit up. Jessaleigh will try to sit up by “crunching” whenever she is even slightly in an inclined position
- Chew on anything she can get into her mouth (her hands, other peoples fingers, burp cloths, toys, etc.
Ok so this was a few weeks ago, but I am trying!
Jessaleigh had her second appointment with Dr. Joseph today. Everything went well and she is doing great
Weight: 11lbs 13.5oz
Length: 23.5 In
We did have a little snafu with her vaccination, but everything worked out in the end.
Well since they are “in the mail” I can now finally post Jessaleigh’s Announcements here.
We have been busy as you may have guessed. Here are some of the things that Jessaleigh does:
- Smiles (and it is very sweet – her whole face lights up when she smiles at you)
- Hold her head up (most of the time)
- Makes the cutest noise when she almost sneezes (I call it her aborted sneeze noise – kinda like ah . . . ah . . . ah . . . gooooo
- Has terrible newborn acne (Chanler never got this. This is also why birth announcement aren’t out yet. We took some pics pre acne, but wanted one with a smile, but by the time she was smiling she looked like she had some nasty skin condition. As soon as her skin clears up birth announcements will follow)
- Sleeps like a champ (she wakes up once between midnight and 8am. I think I technically lose more sleep because of big brother rather than newborn)
- Loves staring at our torchiere lamp (Jessaleigh will stare at a lit torchiere lamp forever. She will also stare an a unlit lamp forever waiting for it to turn on. She like lamps so much I have started referring to our lamps up stairs as “lampy” so that they feel more like part of the family)
Little Miss Jessaleigh is 1 month old!!!! Where has the time gone?
See Jessaleigh can hardly believe it too
Jessaleigh had her first Dr. appointment today. She had the usual physical, plus we had the Dr. look at her right eye. She has had a blocked tear duct since birth and I think it got infected (which is pretty common.) Poor goopy eyed baby. So we now have some fun eye ointment and an appointment to go back for a 2 month check up! Other than the eye issues, Dr. Joseph said she is a very health and strong girl.
Weight in: 9lbs 12oz
On a surprising note – Kaiser and Dr. Joseph in particular were actually very cool about the whole home birth thing. Scott had to tell them 3 times she was not born at Kaiser, but at home. Of course we had to explain more times than that that Chanler was born in Redwood City Kaiser, not Santa Clara Kaiser . . . Go figure!